Call for Abstracts is Now Closed
Call for abstracts for AAPG ICE 2023 Madrid is now closed. The technical program committee is in the process of scoring and reviewing submitted abstracts for selection of the program. Please check back soon for full program details coming soon.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract summaries should cover the objectives, procedures, results, and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuation.
- The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names and should be in sentence case.
- Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
- Images, pictures, and tables are not admissible in short abstracts.
- In keeping with the spirit of the conference, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization, and presentation of ideas.
- Sessions will be determined from the abstracts submitted to each theme.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published. Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in July 2023.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be reproduced as part of a digital library and made available at the conference.
- Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Final booth design will be announced in the poster kit and sent to all confirmed poster presenters prior to the start of the conference.
- Important: AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the conference. All session chairs, speakers, and poster presenters must register to attend the conference.